Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Recession that Changed my Life

The Recession that Changed my life!

1973 was a landmark year in my family’s journey. Before redundancy became popular, my husband – who was the main breadwinner – lost his job.

This seemed like a disaster at the time, but we knuckled down and, to my secret joy, we decided that I should look for a temporary job to tide us over.

My temporary job lasted for eight years! Luckily, my dear husband got a job within the first year. Family gathered around to help with three growing boys.

It was the beginning of a very enjoyable career – (more later

2 comments:

  1. I find myself wanting to hear more. Glad to hear things worked out for the better Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary I look forward to reading more about your enjoyable career.

    ReplyDelete